Re: Weird cron behavior

Damn! 10 seconds after I wrote the mail below I did sudo crontab -l
and got:

0-59 5 * * * sudo aptitude update

How the he** did that get into there?? Would it be part of a cron or
anacron update??

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:56:49 -0400
Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:42:29 -0600
> bob@proulx.com (Bob Proulx) wrote:
>
> > Frank McCormick wrote:
> > > I left my machine on overnight ( I usually don't )  and got these
> > > messages in my mail this morning:
> > >
> > > From: root@localhost.localdomain (Cron Daemon)
> > > To: root@localhost.localdomain
> > > Subject: Cron <root@debian> sudo aptitude update
> >
> > You must have a crontab entry that says "sudo aptitude update".
> >

>    Nope...nothing like that.
>
> > > It seems cron ran once a minute starting at 5:00 AM and
> > > ending at 5:59 AM .....apparently doing the same thing over and
> > > over.
> >
> > Sounds like a bad time spec in your crontab.
> >

> > > I havn't added or changed anything --
> > > I am sunning Sid
> >

> >   $ sudo crontab -l
> >
> >   $ find /etc/cron.* -type f -exec grep "aptitude.*update" {} +

        This still comes up empty.

>      Comes up empty...i.e. nothing returned. I'll have to leave it on
> overnight again and see what happens. I guess with Sid, anything is
> possible.

Frank
--
    Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how