Re: Virtual Machines/Emulators

* Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> [2007 Aug 07 18:35 -0500]:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
>> * Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> [2007 Aug 07 17:29 -0500]:
>>> However, I'd say installation is VERY HARD.
>> That's why we use Debian, it makes the hard tasks easy and the
>> impossible ones possbile.
>
> This is not an issue with the distro, it's a defect in the
> original package. There is a version for FC, which I use,
> but not for FC2, the support starts with FC5.
>
> But the original Makefile needs to be fixed.

Perhaps my original point was too subtle.

You're hanging out on the Debian User list (welcome aboard) and
describing your pain of compiling a module on another distribution
(seems a bit odd to me, but, whatever).  Might I suggest an
installation of Debian?  If you do so, then your questions and our
answers will be more useful to all.

Hard disk space is cheap, so give Debian a try.  We'll be here to
assist in your transition.

- Nate >>

P.S. We won't take "no" for an answer!  ;-)

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"
        http://www.networksplus.net/n0nb/       |   http://www.debian.org