Re: Kmail - satellite server error...

On 8/6/07, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 06:40:28PM +1000, Charlie wrote:
> > Subject copied over to Kmail...........
> >
> > Kmail works with the satellite server now? A long online chat and Kmail works
> > a treat as ever. Phew........
> >
> > Thanks to everyone for your help. It is much appreciated, and by using the
> > ideas you put forward probably helped to get this working.
>
> Though I'm not using kmail I'm curious what you did to make it work and
> it's also good to have the answer in the archives, for others to find.

Exactly, I am looking fwd to your solution, bcoz I have a similar (?)
problem... I don't want to hijack the thread but in a nutshell the
problem is this:

>From home:
1) Use  smtp-server.mycity.rr.com (port 25, road runner) to send mail
to anyone@anywhere.com: OK, works fine.
2) Use mail.dept.university.edu (port 25, a department in a
university)  to send mail to user@dept.university.edu: OK, works fine.
3) Use mail.dept.university.edu (port 25)  to send mail to
anyone@anywhereElse.com: FAILS with same error.

But if I try 3) from a machine within dept.university domain,
everything works fine. I am not quite sure if this is problem with the
setup at mail.dept.university.edu or if this is a kmail problem.
--
Regards
PK