Re: less, exit but left content on screen

On 08/05/2007 10:00 AM, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 08:54:52AM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
[...]
In any event, less(1) doesn't show a command key 'x' that I can see.

I just tried man in xfce-terminal and find that q does clear the screen.
How unhelpful; another good reason to use the text console :)

Doug.

The "-X" should be specified either as a command line option to less or in the environment variable LESS. Try this in xfce-terminal:

export LESS="-X"
man less

:-)