Re: Virtual Machines/Emulators

On Sunday 05 August 2007 16:23:12 B.Hoffmann wrote:
> > I would like to see how VirtualBox stands up against the others.  It
> > seems to be the fastest emulator when it comes to Windows.  Although this
> > is only one person's opinion and there is no "scientific" evidence it
> > just feels faster.
> >
> > -Tom
>
> VB runs great here. I'm virtualizing Arch, Fedora and Slack12 on this,
> feels fast apart from F7 which feels extremely sluggish. Did not work with
> PC-BSD at all when selecting to run as FreeBSD. Slack12 runs like a dream,
> will install it for good after this test run in VB.
>
> Barnaby

Similar experiece here.  Windows XP, Sabayon, and SuSE all work fine in VBox
1.40, but for some reason no flavor of BSD does.  I have no idea if anyone is
working on changing this or not.

I used to use VMware, but since it's not "free" I didn't really like it.  VBox
is somewhere in between open and closed, but seems to work much better on my
machine(s) than QEMU.

Joe