Re: less, exit but left content on screen

On 8/4/2007 6:06 PM, Tong Sun wrote:
> Package: less
> Version: 394-4
> Severity: wishlist
>
> I remember that I used to be able to exit 'less' by command key 'x' or
> something so that the content just viewed is left on screen, instead of
> being cleared and restored to the screen before invoking 'less'. But I
> found there is no such capability in current less (version 394). Or
> is there?

I'm running standard Etch, with less version 394-4.  I've always exited
less with 'q', which leaves the screen intact.

If -X works, I wonder what is different between our terminals.  My
$TERM = linux.

In any event, less(1) doesn't show a command key 'x' that I can see.

Doug.