Re: How to specify primary display with intel and xrandr

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 05:17:17PM +0930, David Purton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been playing with xrandr to get multi monitor support working on
> my intel i915 mobile card. I running unstable.
>
> It works ok, except the primary monitor gets set to the external vga
> screen!
>
> How can I get the primary display to be the laptop panel and the
> secondary display to be the external vga screen?

Do you mean this?

# This is for getting the video on the LCD
xvattr -a XV_PIPE -v 1

I have this in my .icewm/startup. If you don't use IceWM you have to put
it somewhere else where it's executed after start of X.

> The current default behaviour seems really stupid and I can't believe
> that there isn't a way to do it, though google has only turned up people
> with the same problem and no one with a solution.

The default behaviour is not so stupid if you consider many people would
need this for an external projector, TV-out, whatever.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)