odd xorg-video-intel problem

[ package: xserver-xorg-video-intel version 2:2.1.0-2 ]

Since I updated xserver-xorg-video-intel, my LCD started to complain
that it is in a non-preset mode, that is, the monitor displayed a
message "Nonpreset Mode" for 5 seconds when X started.

The resolution is set to the native 1280x1024. However, the LCD's On
Screen Display (OSD) reports that the current resolution is set to
"640x350".

The motherborad is intel DG965WH. The monitor is connected to its
onboard video via SDVO/ADD2 DVI-D.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks,
T.