Seeing files shared from an Apple computer

I enabled "Personal File Sharing" on an iMac on my LAN, but can't seem
to see the files from KDE.  I have a pretty full installation of KDE
(testing), including kdnssd, and I have avahi and friends installed (but
dbus is not enabled).

avahi-browse does seem to show the service: it lists the name of the
workstation and "Apple File Sharing" (along with a number of other
services.

Howeve, when I browse in Konqueror under KDE, the only sign of the other
computer is under "Network Services" | "shared desktops".  This tries to
launch a remote desktop (RDP) app when I click it, and the connection
then fails ("the connection to the host has been interrupted").

I just enabled ssh on the Mac, and I now see "Remote shell (ssh)" as
well under Network Services (equivalently, zeroconf:/ on the locator
line).

I hope that I can transfer the files I need with ssh/scp, but does
anyone have any ideas why the zeroconf/avahi file sharing is not working
from KDE?

Thanks.