Re: Opinions XFS

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 09:43:46AM +0200, J?rg-Volker Peetz wrote:

> Debian Administration :: Filesystems (ext3, reiser, xfs, jfs) comparison
> on Debian Etch
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/388

Great article.  As Ron points out, a UPS answers many of the
power-failure questions, however, should a machine freeze up and require
a hard reset, a UPS doesn't help.  I suppose to answer this, the tests
should have added a "calculate md5 hash on all files" with a power-cycle
at one point during a vulnerable point in a second round of the test.

We all know that power-cycling a mounted FS can result in loss of data
that was being written at the time.  It suggests that at least system
binaries should remain intact, unless you're doing an upgade at the time
:(

Doug.