Re: Opinions XFS

Sergio Belkin wrote:
> --- El Vie 03 Ago 2007, michael@estone.ca encontró un teclado y tipeó lo
> siguiente:
> > mi: XFS and grub do not work nicely together, therefore you'll need /boot
> > mi: mounted with EXT3, everything else can be XFS, even / .
> > mi:
>
> And What about lilo?

I would not even worry about trying to put /boot on xfs, jfs,
reiserfs, or any other journaling filesystems.  I don't even use ext3
for it because the journal takes up such a large amount of space it
can be a problem.  Even when using a large /boot of say 512MB this is
tiny and journaling is not needed.  Also /boot cannot be on an LVM
partition.  I always use a large 512MB ext2 /boot partition.

Bob