Re: MS Word under wine/crossover office

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 08:44:31PM +0000, Tyler Smith wrote:

> I am aware that the problem lies entirely in the inconsistent and
> undocumented .doc format. And I know that rtf suffers from many of the
> same deficiencies. And I know that pdf is far preferable for most
> purposes. For reasons that are beyond my control I am required to
> submit manuscripts in .doc format, and they must conform to very
> explicit formatting rules. We all know this is dumb, but at the moment
> I have to deal with it. Please believe that I will be bringing this
> issue up with the academic societies that I am working with.

I don't suppose that, while it has to be in .doc format, it doesn't have
to be editable?  Could you make each page an .eps (or other graphic
image) and plonk it down on a page in OO and then save it in .doc?  It
would then _look_ correctly when viewed with Word and it would be a .doc
file, just not an editable one.

Just an idea; I've never used Word or OO.

Doug.