Re: ext3fs errors with kernel 2.6.18 but not with 2.4.27

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 03:26:11PM -0400, Francois Duranleau wrote:

> On 2.4.27, I get the CRC errors (not at boot time, later, and all the
> time thereafter), and I've been having them for many years. I
> mentionned just in case there might be a link with my problem.
> Otherwise, I am not trying to solve this particular problem.
>
> On 2.6.x, at boot time, errors are reported on the initial filesystem
> check. I do not know if I still have those CRC errors.

CRC errors are nothing to be ignored.  Either there's a drive problem or
the driver hasn't worked for a while.  It could be that 2.6 is less
forgiving of CRC errors since they are errors that suggest that the data
isn't reliable and the drive is failing or failed.

Doug.