Re: trying to get wine to work

OP tom arnall <kloro2006@...> wrote:
i am trying to get wine to work. no matter what the MS application that i
try to run, i get in the wine log the message:

   wine: failed to initialize: /usr/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so:\
   failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory

suggestions begged.

I replied:

  Etch or Lenny?
  libwine version? 0.9.34-1 works fine.
  Try to strace wine free program and post the results.

The OP replied:

i'm running etch. trace below. thanks in advance.

kloro@debian:~/chinese$ strace wine free wenlindemo337.exe

[trace removed]

My reply:

  Thank you for the trace. I learned a lot from it.

  But you did not answer one question: What is your libwine version?
  Do: dpkg -l libwine
  and post the result.

  For your cause I'm running my old Etch installation:
  libwine version 0.9.25-2.1 works fine.

  I did not try to run wenlindemo337.exe but another application.

http://tv.yahoo.com/