Ownership Question

Hi,

	Most of my files/folders are owned by root.  It's starting to seem like that's not such a great idea because a few of the programs that I use don't like
you to be root when you run them.

	So I'm thinking that I should start recursively changing the ownership of my files to the local user, as I'm the only user of this computer anyways.  I'm
not sure if
I said what I said correctly, but is changing my ownership drastically like this a good idea?  Isn't it bad to have so many files owned by root?  If my system
got
compromised then they could do whatever.

--
Telly Williams
"Knowledge Is Power"