Re: Caps Lock don't work

On 08/01/2007 02:12 PM, Salve Håkedal wrote:
I run Etch on 3 machines, and have trouble with Caps Lock in the linux
console. (In X it's ok.)

machine[1a] Installed Woody in 2004, upgraded to Sarge and then Etch.
	Caps Lock works.

machine[2]  Installed Sarge, later upgraded to Etch when stable.
	Caps Lock won't work. Gives a mix of upper and lower case.

machine[3]  Installed Etch some months ago.
	Caps Lock won't work. Gives a mix of upper and lower case.

machine[1b] Installed Etch some days ago fresh on another partition.
	Caps Lock won't work. Gives a mix of upper and lower case.

My default locale is nn_NO.utf8, but I have tried switching to
en_GB.utf8 or C with no better result.

As the two installations on machine[1], behaves different, it seems to
me that it must be a software issue?

I've had the same situation as what Douglas Allan Tutty described. The caps lock problem used to be there in my Etch system, but when I tested it today, caps lock was working fine.

I've updated Etch several times since I first installed it, so the caps lock problem could be a bug that was fixed, and you might only have to update your OS.