IO Error during APT use

Hi

Normally I would consider an IO error as a hardware error, but I don't
think that is the case in this situation.

The last two days when I has been running "apt-get update && apt-get
dist-upgrade" I get the following error:

<SNIP>
I/O error : Input/output error
/usr/share/omf/gnome-netstatus/gnome-netstatus-zh_CN.omf:1: parser
error : Document is empty

^
/usr/share/omf/gnome-netstatus/gnome-netstatus-zh_CN.omf:1: parser
error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^
I/O error : Input/output error
</SNIP>

Any ideas as to why I get this kind of error?

Best regards

Rico