Re: Compile Question

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 02:40:13PM +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> up-to-date than sid).  It is a reportable bug if the gentoo package is
> not as up-to-date as the upstream developers' release.

Why isn't it in Debian? You can always file a minor or wishlist bug,
and normally, my experience has been that it is attended to.

> I'm installing gentoo on another partition,
> for the occasional moments when I really need aggressive up-to-date-ness,
> and having troubles. Xorg didn't autoconfigure properly.

I would like you to name a few packages which are not as up to date in
sid. Of course, there could very well be a reason, such as inactive
maintainer etc., but that should be reported to the BTS, IMO.

Comments?

Thanks.

Kumar
--