Re: A question of fonts

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 21:35:50 +0100, andy wrote:

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 21:45:07 +0100, andy wrote:

[...]

And in response to xrdb -query:

Xft.antialias:  1
Xft.dpi:        120.000000
Xft.hinting:    1
Xft.hintstyle:  hintfull
Xft.rgba:       none

[...]

Output of the .fonts.conf file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
<match target="font" >
 <edit mode="assign" name="rgba" >
  <const>none</const>
 </edit>
</match>
<match target="font" >
 <edit mode="assign" name="hinting" >
  <bool>true</bool>
 </edit>
</match>
<match target="font" >
 <edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle" >
  <const>hintfull</const>
 </edit>
</match>
<match target="font" >
 <edit mode="assign" name="antialias" >
  <bool>true</bool>
 </edit>
</match>
</fontconfig>

I have yet to try changing fontconfig/hinting_type to "Native" but will when a decent reason to shut X down presents in terms of work flow.

Any thoughts on the conf file settings?

The fons.conf file is consistent with your Xft settings. Which desktop
environment or WM are you using?

Sorry - forgot you asked me that. I predominantly use Gnome, but switch to Xfce from time-to-time. I login using GDM.