ntfs mount errors

Further to my problem of not being able to automatically mount my
windows xp partition and cd to it as a regular user.

from dmesg:

NTFS driver 2.1.27 [Flags: R/W MODULE].
NTFS volume version 3.1.
NTFS-fs warning (device sda1): load_system_files(): Unsupported volume
flags 0x4000 encountered.
NTFS-fs warning (device sda1): load_system_files(): Volume has
unsupported flags set.  Will not be able to remount read-write.  Run
chkdsk and mount in Windows.

I'm not clear on what I need to do.  I don't seem to have chkdsk.  I
tried apt-get install chkdsk but that failed because it could not find
the package.  "mount in Windows" I don't understand.  When I boot into
Windows the partition is there, obviously.  Forgive me if I'm a bit of a
daft newbie.

Phill