Udev. Problems with ordering hardware using /dev/video

I've managed to resolve most of my problems on my own, but Udev has beaten me.

Sarge is not a problem, as it's using the 2.4.27, or 2.6.8 kernel, and Udev is
not in the equation. Etch has a 2.6.8, and a 2.6.17 kernel, and Lenny has a
2.6.11, and a 2.6.17 kernel. The problem is with the 2.6.17 kernel that uses
Udev.

My TV card was set as /dev/video0, and some time later the webcam was set
as /dev/video1. this works fine with the pre 2.6.17 kernels (no Udev), and
the TV card consistently is /dev/video0, and the webcam /dev/video1. Booting
with the 2.6.17 kernel is a different scenario. Very hit and miss. Sometimes
I boot up and starting Xawtv, I get the TV /dev/video0. Othertimes I bootup
and start Xawtv, and get my webcam /dev/video1.

I've worked with ordering my soundcards, and the lines are quite simple, and
have seen that something similar is possible with Udev, although the lines a
re a bit more complex. Could someone give me a couple of lines so that my TV
card is always /dev/video0, and the webcam is always /dev/video1?

Any help gratefully appreciated for fixing this annoying problem.

Nigel.