Re: Not able to find qwtplot3D

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 19:46 -0500, Ashivni Shekhawat wrote:
> Hi!
>    I am new to Debian. I have trying to install qwtplot3d on my
> machine; however I get the following error:
>
> # apt-get install qwtplot3d
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package qwtplot3d
>
> The package qwtplot3d is available on ftp.debian.org at
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/qwtplot3d/

if you look at the .deb files in that directory you will see that there
is no *binary* package by the name "qwtplot3d". qwtplot3d is the
*source* package for a bunch of binary packages (their corresponding
files all begin with libqwtplot3d and end in .deb).

also if you look you will see that there are only amd64 and i386 binary
packages. if you are running a different architecture than those, you
will have to wait for the debian build system to create the packages or
compile them yourself.

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe@d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot