Re: Debian can't mount Camera Memory Stick

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 03:37:58PM -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> My GF has a situation in which she cannot mount a camera memory
> stick. Here's the setup...
>
> CPU<--->HUB<--->Dazzle[<--Stick
>
> The HUB is from Radio Shack. The Dazzle is a device used to
> interface the memory stick with USB. The memory stick is
> a Sandisk 128 MB memory stick for a camera. Using her laptop
> and XP, with the same Dazzle and memory stick, it mounts
> just fine. With her desktop and Debian, it fails to mount.

Since it does work on Windows it is probably not a hardware issue, but
did you try to connect the Dazzle directly to the USB port? Also I've
heard (on this list) about some strange formating issues, where
reformating the USB memory thingy solved the problem ...

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)