Re: IM on a home debian network

hi,

On 7/29/07, Jesus Arocho <jesus_arocho@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a home network with 5 boxes, one of which is a server.  I run a
> combination of Ubuntu and Debian desktops and Debian on the server.  Is there
> a program available that will provide instant messaging within the network?#

as pointed out, jabber is imho _the_ solution. I prefer wildfire
(google: wildfire igniterealtime).

It's java but i found it to be the most painless one in
upgrading/maintaining and it has a bunch of usefull plugins included.

hth
martin

PS: with that option you'll also have the chance to stay with that
account should you ever decide to make it public/use it as a public
available service.