Re: Asus P5K WS motherboard / Marvell IDE - CDrom not detected by installer

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, Mike Messick wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm using the latest debian-testing-amd64-businesscard installer on an
Asus P5K motherboard with an ICH9 Southbridge and  Marvell 88SE61xx SATA /
PATA chipset.  I'm using an HP dvd1040i CDrom drive for installation.

The installer boots fine but cannot find any cdrom device to use.  When I
look at dmesg, I get the following output relating to the ide devices:

< snip dmesg/lspci info>

So it looks like my 2 hard drives are showing up just fine, but I'm fairly
clueless as to why the kernel (2.6.21-2-amd64) isn't finding the CDrom
drive.

I've verified that the Marvell IDE/eSATA controller is enabled in the BIOS
as well (hence the initial booting of the installer CD).

I'm hoping someone on the list can point me in the right direction; if
this isn't the appropriate list then please accept my apologies for the
noise.

Thanks in advance,
-Mike.

Are you able to put the sata controller into compatability mode? If you are, you may want to try that out.

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.