Re: new Etch install fails to boot

Hi,

 Sometimes older bios has a virus protection enabled in the bios itself.
This does not allow anything to be written to the MBR to protect MBR
viruses. I have faced this problem whereby the MBR gets cooked and the
GRUB does not get written  properly. Looking at your information it
looks like grub is not able to proceed. Can you check your bios once
again and try disabling the virus protection (re-enable it later once
things are working) and re-install the grub and check ?

--
Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)