Re: Lost /home partition

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 02:34:55AM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Maybe something additional was corrupted, bu I only remember seeing
> references to sda4, which is /home. Any idea how to get the data back?

It may have been placed in /home/lost+found named after its inode
number, i.e. filenames that are all numbers.  Failing that, no,
probably not.

If they are text files you may be able to unmount the device and
grep the raw device file for known text in the files, e.g.

# less /dev/sda4

'/' to search for text

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB