Re: dumb question about Adobe Acrobat....

On Sun July 29 2007 13:14, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 12:32:18PM -0700, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > > The next version of Evince, due this fall, will also support form
> > > filling.
> >
> > That is such good news.. exactly what I have been hoping to read.. I've
> > been looking for a way to fill in pdf forms for an amd64 box I have
> > here.
>
> I have been under the impression that evince and kpdf use xpdf behind
> the scenes.  Does this mean that xpdf will be able to do this too, or
> are evince (and perhaps kpdf) more functional than xpdf?

I'm not certain, I don't use pdf's often. I need to fill in forms in pdf files
and print them at work quite regularly but aside from that I never use/see
them.

Once one of them can do it I'm sure the code will make the rounds (in a gpl
compliant way, of course) and it won't be long until the others can do it to.

I recently installed debian at work and struggled to get the printer and these
pdf issues working so that is why I'm so glad to see we will have an easy way
to edit forms in pdf's. :)