Re: Unable to handle Kernel paging request

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 03:56:26PM -0500, Brad B wrote:
> I recently did the network installation of Debian to a spare HD, and tried
> running it by itself in my PC, which usually runs windows. It boots into
> grub, but I get serveral different error messages at different times. I'm
> never able to load the kernel, I believe. Here're the most common errors:
> Unable to handle kernal paging request
> Kernal Panic -- Not Syncing

Are you saying that you installed with the drive in one computer but are
trying to boot it in another computer?  My guess is that the two
different computers would need different initramfs.

Since I've never run into this, I've never had to fitz with initramfs;
just a pointer.

Doug.