Re: how to set network io priority for a process?

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 03:32:44PM -0400, Celejar wrote:

> I have issues similar to Doug's, and I have also wondered whether
> kernel based traffic shaping is what I need.  Since we both use
> shorewall, which has an interface to the kernel's shaping capabilities,
> I suppose we ought to read shorewall-doc/html/traffic_shaping.htm

That's what I'm about to do.  I've only recently (within the past hour
or two) determined that traffic shaping is what I'm trying to do.

Ideally, I would just set ftp and rync to second priority and let
everything else be normal.

I'll keep the list posted.

Doug.