Re: A question of fonts

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 10:28:13PM +0100, andy wrote:
> I do have the latest msttcorefonts installed. It just looks crap with Xmms
> and sometimes Iceweasel seems difficult to read too. But certainly Xmms is
> the worst of the bunch.

I think XMMS is a GTK 1 application, and it's fonts will be that bad
because it doesn't use the GTK 2 libraries which can render fonts in
an anti-aliased manner (using a backend I don't recall).

For example, see this for what I mean:
http://alx14.free.fr/gtkaa/

So, unless someone corrects this statement, XMMS preferences etc. will
have bad fonts! :-)

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,