Re: libcbtsysinfo in /home/user

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 10:19:38PM +0200, Magnus Pedersen wrote:

which while its obviously for windows, show the same storage path
($HOME/cbt/lib/). It looks to be a very new thing, so if it is some
sort of malware and is so new (July 12) then perhaps it does exist for
multiple platforms and just hasn't been reported yet...

Very wierd... I have no idea where it came from browser, mail or something else... But since that article is about windows i might be from iceweasel.

/Magnus

Sorry Magnus for my recent post.  You may be compromised but I missed
the fact that the strange /home/magnus directory ("is there a user
magnus") is of course your own.

What is the timestamp of the file?  What were you doing then?

Doug.

The file is from the 24th of this month, where the computer was off, so that is no help, unfortunately :-/ And the new directory showed up today.

Yes, there is a user "magnus" thats me, the directory showed up in my homedirectory, sorry I could have been a bit more clear about that.

I'm upgrading iceweasel to 2.0.0.5 right now, have been running the one from testing (2.0.0.3) just in case it is a securityhole in the browser (not at all sure it is).

/Magnus