Re: libcbtsysinfo in /home/user

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 04:43:28PM +0200, Magnus Pedersen wrote:
I have a new dir in /home/magnus, /home/magnus/cbt and I have not put it there. It contains cbt/lib/libcbtsysinfo_0.so and google draws a blank on that filename. Has my system been compromised (theres is nothing out of the ordinary anywhere else) or is there something I have missed?

I run google with the "cbtsysinfo" and came up with this:

http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRHGED043236257/CBTSYSINFO-0.DLL.html

which while its obviously for windows, show the same storage path
($HOME/cbt/lib/). It looks to be a very new thing, so if it is some
sort of malware and is so new (July 12) then perhaps it does exist for
multiple platforms and just hasn't been reported yet...

Very wierd... I have no idea where it came from browser, mail or something else... But since that article is about windows i might be from iceweasel.

/Magnus