Re: Where is Lame in Sarge?

Hi Hal,

On 7/26/07, Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com> wrote:

On Thursday 26 July 2007, Manon Metten wrote:

I tried this, but used the line:

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sarge main

aptitude could not get the Packages file from that source.  I checked:

http://www.debian-multimedia.org

and there's a note to use:

deb http://mirror.home-dn.net/debian-multimedia sarge main

instead if you're still on Sarge.  I've tried that a couple times to be
sure, but aptitude still can't get the Packages file.  I downloaded
debian-multimedia-keyring and installed it with dpkg.  Then when I did
an update, there was no problem reading the Packages file.  From there,
installing lame worked perfectly.

I'm sorry I referred to etch. I looked up in my logbook how I installed lame
a while ago and in the meantime I totally forgot you were using sarge.

Nevertheless good to know you've managed to install lame.

Don't know if you're interested, but below is the high quality setting I
always use when creating my own mp3's:

lame --clipdetect --vbr-new -V 0 --add-id3v2 -q2 --lowpass 20kHz
--ta "Artist" --tt "Song" --tl "Album" --ty "Year"  ifp  ofp

Manon.