Re: Stability issues

Mike Robinson wrote:
I'm almost to the point of blowing the system away and installing Etch. Anyone with insight would be appreciated.

Well, I've decided to throw in the towel and install Etch. I think I'd like to boot with an Etch install CD, keep my partitions, but blow away the Debian Testing installation with Etch. I have one large partition with all of the data I need to save; the rest can go away. I've never done anything like this before, so any warnings/advice is welcome.

Okay, dumb question.  It's been a while and I want to get it right.  I plan on
downloading the minimal install CD and do a network install.  My processor is an
Athlon 64 3200+, but I want the 32-bit distribution with the 'k7' kernel.  Which
install image to I burn?  I *think* it's the i386 image, and hopefully it'll let
me choose the kernel architecture during the install.  Is this correct?

-Mike