Several GTK-apps not working anymore after update

Hello there

I'm new to this submit-bugs-thing and I hope I'm not doing anything terribly
wrong here.

I could not determine what package contains the bug, so I'm mailing to this
list.

Problem: I updated my debian lenny/sid system today (at about 14:00 CET,
26.07.07).
After that update, I noticed that i couldn't launch iceweasel anymore, it gave
me the error:

<error>

Pango-ERROR **: file pangofc-fontmap.c: line 438 (pango_fc_font_map_add):
assertion failed: (fcfont->fontmap == NULL)
aborting...

</error>

The big problem is, that message also appears in applications like zenity.
Other apps, like gimp, pidgin and quodlibet fail to launch after the update
too, but they don't seem to give me any distinct error output
but "segmentation fault".

I assumed the bug was in either libpango1.0-0 or libpango1.0-common, due to
the fact that I only have those packages installed that contain pango in the
name.

Reinstalling libpango1.0-common gives me the following warning:

<error>

Cleaning up font configuration of pango...
Updating font configuration of pango...
Cleaning up category xfont..
Updating category xfont..
*** You don't have any defomized font packages.
*** So we are trying to force to generate pangox.aliases...

</error>

Note: I do have defoma installed, I even reinstalled.

Any suggestions? How can I test if the packages I installed are the official
ones and not some 3rd party ones? I chose mirror.switch.ch for the packages.

Greets, Dante