Re: Sarge: Lost # of failed logins

Mumia W.. wrote:
> I'm using Sarge. When I log in, I no longer get a message telling me the
> # of failed logins.
>
> For example, if I try to login but use a wrong password, when I try
> again using the real password, I should see a message saying "1 failed
> login attempts." I no longer get that message.

I personally have never seen such a message.  You must have previously
installed or configured something that added that functionality.

> How do I get it back, and what could I have changed to make it go away
> in the first place?

It sounds to me that this was a local configuration that you had
created previously.  Whatever you did before you would need to do
again or debug.

By the way...  Sarge is now oldstable and the new stable is Etch.
Consider upgrading.  Eventually security upgrade support for Sarge
will be dropped.

Bob