Re: Where is Lame in Sarge?

Hi Hal,

On 7/26/07, Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com> wrote:

I have a server running Sarge.  I tried to find lame and got this:

<Snip>

Neither toolame or glame provide lame itself.  It's LPGL, does that
create a conflict with Debian's social contract?

Do I have to go out of the repositories to add lame?

Before you can install lame,  you have to add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
(you may replace etch by stable of course).

Then do an aptitude update and first install the debian-multimedia-keyring:
aptitude install debian-multimedia-keyring

Then aptitude install lame. That's all.

Manon.