Re: How Debian BTS and its tools can be improved (user poll).

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:34:58PM +0000, Oleg Verych wrote:
> What, on your opinion, can be done better in Debian BTS, reportbug?

1)I agree with kamaraju (sp?) that submitter should be automatically
subscribed to the bug, or even better, given the option to subscribe
from within reportbug at submittal time.

2)also, I'd love to see a final option to change the From: address in
reportbug as various times I've been an idiot and completed a whole
report not realising that I had a bogus From:... but I can get pretty
stupid sometimes...

> Why do you think it's better than current approach (if exists)?

1)it places the burden of subcribing on the submitter, but makes it
dead-stupid easy to subscribe (you could bypass any confirmation email
etc...) and takes work load of keeping track of CC's off the
maintainer.

2) theres already a stupid_mode in the code, so why not more of the
   same? ;)

> What can you do to help with that?

I don't know, maybe hack reportbug to include this option, but I
haven't looked at it closely.

> Some related contex:
> <http://mid.gmane.org/slrnfa13fp.anq.for.gmane@flower.upol.cz>

heh. I like that one...