Re: how to restore bios password (PHEONIX on acer 5102)

Thnx ,.
but the issue is that afaik if i open the laptop i will lose my warrenty.
what about flashing it ?
(btw how do they know).

On 7/26/07, Raj Kiran Grandhi <grajkiran@gmail.com> wrote:
Jabka Atu wrote:
> Dear Debian list members,
>

> im sorry to ask such strange question here but still.
>
> i ve sent my laptop to local custumer servrice and they add a bios
> password on it.

Does you laptop contain a switch to clear the CMOS? Some laptops have
such a switch under the keyboard or bottom of the laptop using which you
might be able to clear the CMOS memory entirely and restore it to
factory default. Otherwise, if it is possible to access the CMOS
battery, try removing the CMOS battery and the laptop battery leave it
for some time, say 30minutes, and put them back in.