Re: USB scanner crashes VMware XP client

Steve Kleene wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:22:06 -0400, I wrote:

I'm running a VMware Server 1.0.2 XP client on an Etch host.  I'd like to
use an Epson Perfection 2400 scanner from the XP client, but it crashes XP.

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:57:16 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom replied:

a year ago I tried a USB Winmodem on VMware Server XP client and got nowhere.

Researching at that time I found that VMware stated its USB services could
not be guaranteed.

Yes, the manual for my version of VMware server says, "Modems and certain
streaming devices, such as speakers and Web cams, do not work properly."
However, it also says that "In general ... you should be able to use ...
scanners".  I guess "In general" can mean almost anything.

[OT] I switched for my (rare) XP tests to qemu. That may do it, I haven't tried my USB scanner on it.

Hugo