Re: samba, cups and windows client

Nguyen, Cuong K.(cuongkieunguyen@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> Hi all,
>
> I just set up a printer server on my Debian box using cups and samba
> server. Everything seems to be fine when I use a Windows XP Pro Client
> to connect to the printer: the client can see the printer, I can add it
> to the printer list, and its status is ready. I also add the windows
> user to the users can print on cups server. But unfortunately the
> printer in Windows client still does not work. Here is the samba.log error:
>
> [2007/07/24 23:25:43, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_queue_get(790)
>  Unable to get jobs for ipp://localhost/printers//usr/bin/lpq -Ps2500 -
> client-error-not-found
>
> I tried to google for this error, but have had no solution :(. The funny
> thing is, when use another client (Ubuntu 7.04) to connect and add that
> printer, it works just fine (but still give the above error). And of
> course, the printer works perfectly on server :).
>
> Everybody has idea? What am I missing here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> KC.

You hi-jacked a thread instead of starting a new one.  You might not
get any answers to your questions by doing this.

Try starting a new thread, a new message, instead of just changing the
subject.

Wayne

--
Real programmers don't draw flowcharts.  Flowcharts are, after all, the
illiterate's form of documentation.  Cavemen drew flowcharts; look how