Re: how to ssh to a linux box from an internet cafe

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:14:22 +0300
"Nick Demou" <ndemou@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll soon be on vacations without my PC. I believe that internet
> access from an internet cafe will be my best option. If things go for
> the worse how can I ssh to my debian server?
> I suppose that a PC in most internet cafes will be willing to download
> and run putty.exe but am I right? If not is there any other option?

Nick -

	DO NOT access any meaningful device from an internet cafe. They
tend (not all) to be infected boxen even down to key loggers.

	I hang out on DALnet and se many, many users complaining that
they lost nicks and channels do to ID'ing to DALnet services via cafe's.

	Most of the time it comes down to compromised cafe boxen and
key loggers.

	Just my .02 worth.

--
Best regards,