Asrock K8NF6G-VSTA BIOS upgrade warning - forcedeth fails

Hello all,
just a heads up on a problem I had. I build a small Debian Stable i386 media server on a Asrock K8NF6G-VSTA motherboard running BIOS version P1.2, everything worked well, until i flashed the BIOS up to version 1.6. That's when the forcedeth driver began complaining about bad MAC and assigning random MACs. The MAC changed between BIOS 1.2 and 1.6.
I downgraded every BIOS version from 1.6 to 1.4 before resorting to 1.2 just to get the NIC to work, skipping BIOS version 1.3 in the interest of time.
So just thought I would mention it on list in case anybody else runs into it.

Bill