Re: Installing OOo 2.2.1 from backports on Stable

On 07/24/2007 03:30 PM, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 02:53:53PM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
>>>
>>> It is true, if you realize that aptitude always considers (and
>>> talks about) the situation that would occur after all
>>> currently scheduled actions are carried out.
>>
>> I am much less knowledgeable of Debian than most of you, so I
>> hate to disagree, but when *all* currently scheduled actions
>> are carried out, nothing will be broken.
>
> just to be pedantic, you haven't yet accepted the solution
> presented by aptitude, so no, they are still broken. Once you
> accept the solution, then the packages are no longer broken...
> but we could do this all day... ;)

LOL! You are right, we could go all day. But I am going to do one
more and be annoying. Nothing is broken yet, because aptitude has
not begun the install. ;)

> and nobody calls me Mr... :)

Yes sir! ;) I never know how to refer to people that I do not
personally know, so I tend to default to formal titles.

Update:
I accepted the solution by aptitude, and the install went fine.
Thanks for your explanations and patience.

--
Glen