Re: Diskless workstations

On 25/07/07, Robert Kopp <iconoklastic@yahoo.com> wrote:
I don't actually have Linux installed on my system at the moment, and am
wavering between installing Debian 4.0 and Edubuntu, which has LTSP
capabilities built in:

Edubuntu is still not fully rolled out with LTSP kinks removed. Go
with Ubuntu/Debian and use ltspadmin package from repos.
Additional packages that you will need to install are dhcpd, nfs, tftp-hpa, ..

Edubuntu installs all of the software with only a few questions relating to
LTSP:
Primary network interface: eth0 or eth1? Usually eth1 will be on the
motherboard and eth0 in the expansion slots.

My comment above on Edubuntu. What ever network range and which ever
ethernet you need to specify can be done. By default 192.168.0.xxx
range is taken but not a must.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar