Re: Diskless workstations

Sudev Barar <sbarar@gmail.com> wrote:
On 24/07/07, Robert Kopp wrote:
> I would like to try this technology. I have DSL delivered through a DHCP
> router, a computer capable enough to be a server, and other hardware that I
> would like to become clients. I expect to use Lenny as the OS.
[SNIP]
> The other method is, of course, LTSP. I have found outlines of how to set
> this up, but not as specific as I would like. Can someone point me to such
> informa
Documentation at www.ltsp.org and wiki is quite comprehensive. What
specific thing you were looking at? Of course there is vigorous ltsp
mailing list.

I don't actually have Linux installed on my system at the moment, and am wavering between installing Debian 4.0 and Edubuntu, which has LTSP capabilities built in:

Edubuntu installs all of the software with only a few questions relating to LTSP:
Nevertheless, judging from a Wiki entry, LTSP isn't that difficult to install on Debian, either, so I'm wondering if the ease of installing it on Edubuntu should be a decisive consideration in making the choice.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/