Re: [OT] Interview with Con Kolivas on Linux failures

David Brodbeck wrote:

On Jul 24, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Mike McCarty wrote:

I wonder what those who support the GPL so strongly on Linux support

mail lists will do in response to that argument? I personally don't
like or use the GPL, so I really don't care. But ISTM that those
who have argued so fervently in favor of the GPL here should
either call for Linus to put Linux under GPL, abandon Linux
and go with the FSF kernel, or stop ranting against others who
don't like the GPL.

Linux *is* under the GPL. But it's under GPL v2. The FSF is pushing hard for Linus to relicense it under GPL v3. The two licenses are not considered compatible.

Hmm. That's interesting. Care to elaborate? I thought that Linus
retained rights.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.