Re: [OT] Interview with Con Kolivas on Linux failures

David Brodbeck wrote:
> To me it always smacked a little of "me-too-ism", too ... the GNU
> folks felt Linux wasn't GNU-ish enough, so they had to go write their
> own kernel.

The GNU Hurd has existed long before Linux existed.  Hurd has been in
development for many years.  (Hurd is technology of the future.
Always has been and some say always will be. :-)

So it is unreasonable to say that the GNU folks decided to write Hurd
decided to continue to write Hurd regardless of the new presence and
entrenchment of Linux.

Bob