Re: aptitude and "Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security."

Hi George.

George Hein, 24.07.2007 14:42:
>> How about doing the obvious and searching for that warning? You’ll
>> learn about
>> Secure Apt and PGP keys.
>>
> I did this and am did not find the correct answer.
>
> Long ago I installed debian-archive-keyring via synaptic, this solved
> all problems then, but lately I added another archive to pick up come
> codecs stuff and started getting those error messages again.

Are you talking about debian-multimedia.org? If, did you install their keyring
package?

> I no
> longer suscribe to those so I have no problems now - and your answer
> would not help.

Depends. If you have never heard of SecureApt and PGP, it’ll give you some hints
where to start.

> Would it not be better to tell what needs to be installed if you know
> it?

I would have done so if I had known what package could solve this.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules